Below are lists of research tools that are available for studying alpha-sarcoglycan.
Several mouse models of sarcoglycan deficiency have been reported; two are cryopreserved at Jackson Laboratories
- B6.129S6-Sgcatm2Kcam/J (stock #008275)
- Alpha-sarcoglycan deficiency verified by western blot, RT-PCR analysis and immunofluorescence staining of skeletal muscle. Mice develop progressive muscular dystrophy as early as 6 weeks of age.
- B6.Cg-Sgcatm1KamTg(Ckm-SGCE)1Kcam/J (stock #009651)
- Homozygous for both α- and ε-sarcoglycan deficiency. These mice have no overt phenotype but have an exaggerated response to mild exercise.
DNA and RNA
- DNA and RNA primers for PCR amplification
- Abcam antibodies against alpha-sarcoglycan
- Links on Biocompare to antibodies from 16 different vendors
- Links on Antibody Resource to antibodies from 12 different vendors
- Novacastra sarcoglycan antibodies
- R&D Systems alpha-sarcoglycan antibody
Bioz analyzes, aggregates, and structures data from more than 3.6 million articles and many different resources related to alpha-sarcoglycan can be found on this website.